VIPM API

TonP

It would be very neat if we could install .OGP files from within LabVIEW.

Via some API this would be awesome!

Ton

Hi Ton,

Since VIPM runs as a stand-alone executable, this is a little bit trickier than it would be if VIPM were running inside the LabVIEW development environment. However, it is something that we are considering for the future. What sorts of use cases do you have where this would be useful?

Thanks,

-Jim

I knew their wasn't going to be an easy answer ;)

But sometimes I wish I could just write a VI to install a specific (set of) OGP files, or uninstall them.

Since I know my way around in LabVIEW that is where I initially look for such items/actions, and having to switch over to another program is not my preferred option.

Ton

I knew their wasn't going to be an easy answer ;)

But sometimes I wish I could just write a VI to install a specific (set of) OGP files, or uninstall them.

Since I know my way around in LabVIEW that is where I initially look for such items/actions, and having to switch over to another program is not my preferred option.

Ton

I agree with your sentiments. If I were you, I would focus some energy on trying to convince NI to start opening up the project environment to third-party developers. That's what's going to make this possible.

• 4 years later...

Archived