[FIXED] troubles with non english installations

lucignolo2

I'm quite new to Labview and I was looking for some examples. So I casually found this site, and it looks really like the perfect place for me.

While I'm installing VIPM, I'd like to underline a couple of bugs.

Both regard the installation on not english computers. On my pc Labview is located in the "programmi" folders instead the "program" one. It's not an important bug... all what I had to do is to point manually the labview.exe file.

On my mac the problem is bigger: in fact during the installation of VIPM an error message occurs and it is impossible to complete it.

Best regards!

Luca

I'm quite new to Labview and I was looking for some examples. So I casually found this site, and it looks really like the perfect place for me.

Both regard the installation on not english computers. On my pc Labview is located in the "programmi" folders instead the "program" one. It's not an important bug... all what I had to do is to point manually the labview.exe file.

On my mac the problem is bigger: in fact during the installation of VIPM an error message occurs and it is impossible to complete it.

Best regards!

Luca

Luca,

Thank you for trying VIPM and for the valuable feedback.

The problem with the shortcut location is a known issue and the fix will appear in the next (Beta 2) release. See this discussion, for more info.

Regarding the Mac installation, have you retried running the installer? Others have reported occasional errors when installing on Mac, but have had success on further attempts. Also, do you have Stuffit Expander 10, or later, installed? The VIPM installer uses this, on Mac, for unpacking some archives.

Regards,

-Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Best regards!

Luca

Luca,

Please see the announcement, VI Package Manager 1.0 Beta 2 Released. This release has a fix for your issue.

Thank you,

-Jim

Archived