JKI Beginer's questions

lsjunv

I have just registered in this forum and VIPM.

Of course, I read FAQ but there is no solution.

I am very wondering if my quesiton is suitable to this forum.

0. Is VIPM for distributing user defined VIs? or some other VI under Labview?

1. How to check the available packages without installing the manager?

Or what is the contents in the professional library?

2. What is the requirement in making and distributing after building application software?

(Some additional libraries excep NI libraries)

3. Is there some VIs for windows API commands?

4. How to buy the professional library? How much the updating price for future version?

Thank you in advance.

Hello,

> I have just registered in this forum and VIPM. Of course, I read FAQ but there is no solution. I am very wondering if my quesiton is suitable to this forum.

Yes, this is the right place for your questions. I'll do my best to answer them ;)

> 0. Is VIPM for distributing user defined VIs? or some other VI under Labview?

Yes, VIPM can be used for installing your own VIs that are packaged using the OpenG Package Builder tool. However, this process is very simple for beginners. We're working hard to simply the package building process and you'll see more information, coming soon.

> 1. How to check the available packages without installing the manager? Or what is the contents in the professional library?

The best way to check for new packages is to monitor the file release forum, here.

> 2. What is the requirement in making and distributing after building application software?

(Some additional libraries excep NI libraries)

If you're asking about the licensing terms of the OpenG libraries, these are licensed under the BSD license (which is a very flexible and user-friendly license). You can find out more information about this here. Also, you can look at the front panel of any OpenG VI to find out the license terms.

> 3. Is there some VIs for windows API commands?

No, there are no VIs, currently, in the OpenG libraries for doing WinAPI commands.

> 4. How to buy the professional library? How much the updating price for future version?

The annual maintenance subsciption is $349 and includes direct email support and upgrades. Here is the detailed VIPM Professional pricing breakdown:

• VIPM Professional with Subscription: $943
  • VIPM Professional: $699
  • VIPM Pro. Subscription Renewal: $349

We are currently having a pre-order special for 15% off of VIPM Professional with Subscription. See here for more information.

You can learn more about the difference in features between the free Community Edition and the paid Professional Edition, here.

> Thank you in advance.

You are very welcome. Please let me know if you have any more questions. I'm happy to answer them.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived