VPIM already running?

Eric Olson

When trying to install the new VPIM (1.1 build 0663), I get an error when I try to go past the license registration page: "VI Package Manager appears to be already running." Rebooting didn't help and neither did manually uninstalling the previous version of VPIM on this machine. This computer is running Windows 2000. I did not have any problem updating the version on my Windows XP machine.

Any suggestions on how to get around this?

When trying to install the new VPIM (1.1 build 0663), I get an error when I try to go past the license registration page: "VI Package Manager appears to be already running." Rebooting didn't help and neither did manually uninstalling the previous version of VPIM on this machine. This computer is running Windows 2000. I did not have any problem updating the version on my Windows XP machine.

Any suggestions on how to get around this?

If it states that VIPM is already running, click retry and if you still get the error, click ignore and it will proceed as normal. We are currently looking into this.

Could you post a screenshot of the error? More specifically I am trying to figure out whether you got a dialog telling you that VIPM appear to be running (with a retry button), or if you got an error at the end of the installation.

Screenshots are attached. Following Michael's suggestion to ignore the error on the second try seemed to work.

post-170-1202251663.png

post-170-1202251668.png

Screenshots are attached. Following Michael's suggestion to ignore the error on the second try seemed to work.

Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to make sure that this was indeed this dialog that was popping up before suggesting the resolution, but Michael beat me to the punch :)

I am glad you were able to resolve your issue.

Philippe

Thanks for the feedback. I wanted to make sure that this was indeed this dialog that was popping up before suggesting the resolution, but Michael beat me to the punch :)

I am glad you were able to resolve your issue.

Philippe

I got the same.

Ton

Archived