Error message updating VIPM

BadToad

During the process of updating my VIPM installation I got Error 740 (see attachment). I clicked OK and everything chugged along as though nothing was wrong and everything seems fine thus far. Should I be concerned or watching out for something? Is this a known issue?

My installation is essentially still virgin. I just installed LabVIEW 8.0.1 and did a mass-compile before installing VIPM.

post-2407-1202496803_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. By the look of your screenshot, you appear to be running Windows Vista. If so, we know about this issue and it doesn't seem to cause too much of a problem. We've even got an FAQ item on this topic:

We appreciate your feedback. Let us know if you experience any other issues.

Thank you,

-Jim

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this. By the look of your screenshot, you appear to be running Windows Vista. If so, we know about this issue and it doesn't seem to cause too much of a problem. We've even got an FAQ item on this topic:

We appreciate your feedback. Let us know if you experience any other issues.

Thank you,

-Jim

Yes, it is Vista. Though, I'm not sure who is running whom. While it seemed that there were no further objections when I clicked OK, there was apparently no further action either. I restarted VIPM and it still wanted to update. I was still running build (I think) 655. Anyhow, long story short; I downloaded the update, saved it to disk and ran it as administrator (from context menu) and everything seems happy. Warm fuzzy feeling . . . :)

Yes, it is Vista. Though, I'm not sure who is running whom. While it seemed that there were no further objections when I clicked OK, there was apparently no further action either. I restarted VIPM and it still wanted to update. I was still running build (I think) 655. Anyhow, long story short; I downloaded the update, saved it to disk and ran it as administrator (from context menu) and everything seems happy. Warm fuzzy feeling . . . :)

That's good news. I'm glad you got it working. :)

Archived