Error Message During Install

jmcbee

I get an error message during install. The error message reads "Error 5 occurred at an unidentified location... LabVIEW: File Already Open". I am running LV 8.5 with Professional Developers license. I am a bit confused by the last bit "LabVIEW: File already open" as neither labview or any type of VIPM is open. Please let me know how to get this fixed so that I can install the VIPM. Thank you very much for your help!

post-2361-1203558248.png

Hi,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble. It appears that the issue is occurring during a self-extracting step of VIPM's installation process. I agree that the "File Already Open" error is misleading.

I have a few questions:

• Does the installation work if you try again? (If so, maybe it was simply a one-time occurrence)
  • Have you tried rebooting your computer? (Sometimes this helps if there is some OS lock on a file)
  • Are you installing VIPM 1.1 or 1.1.1 (the latter, was just released today)?

Hopefully, we'll get you up and running, soon.

Thanks,

-Jim

Hello,

I appreciate your quick reply! I first downloaded the VIPM 1.1 and tried to install it (this evening) and got the error 5 message. I then restarted my computer and downloaded VIPM 1.1.1 and got the same message, which is when I posted this question. However I have not restarted since I tried the 1.1.1 install. Perhaps that would do the trick?

Thank you again!

Thanks for the clarification.

Also, is there anything special/unusual about your system or configuration? For example:

• Are you running with non-administrator privileges?
  • Is your computer under configuration lock-down by your IT department?
  • Are you running Windows Vista?
  • Are you using any special firewall or anti-virus software? (if so, try disabling it and then installing VIPM)

Thanks,

-Jim

There is nothing unusual about my system, as far as I know. It is my home computer and I have admin privileges, it is not in lockdown, I am running XP and I am using the run of the mill Norton Antivirus. I will go ahead and try shutting down my antivirus and spywear protection and see if that is the root of the problem. I appreciate your time in helping me to solve this problem!

Archived