UI interaction crashes (including uninstal)

crelf

I'm not sure if this is a VIPM or LabVIEW RTE issue, but when I run the VIPM, it seems to load fine, and displays all my packages (installed and otherwise), but as soon as I click on anything, it crashes. This is a new issue, as I've used the VIPM to install components before with no issues.

VIPM_Crash.png

I figured I'd try a fresh install, but even the uninstall utility crashes when I try to press a button.

VIPM_Uninstall_Crash.png

Is there a way to do a dirty uninstall, so I can start from a clean slate?

System details: VIPM 1.1.1 (build 0665) Community Edition with LabVIEW 8.0, 8.2 & 8.5 registered.

That's odd. This is the first time I've heard of anything like this. I have a few standard trouble-shooting questions..

• Which version of the 8.2.x RTE are you using?
  • Did this just start happening?
  • Did you install anything new on your computer?
  • Does it still happen when you turn off your antivirus/antispyware/firewall software?

Thanks,

-Jim

Which version of the 8.2.x RTE are you using?

Did this just start happening?

Yes

Did you install anything new on your computer?

Nope (except for the JKI XML toolkit :) )

Does it still happen when you turn off your antivirus/antispyware/firewall software?

Yes.

Next time click on the error report to see the details of the crash. Is it the same issue each time?

Yep - they are point to the same issue in the RTE (lvrt.dll):

AppName: vi package manager.exe	 AppVer: 0.0.0.0	 ModName: lvrt.dll
ModVer: 8.2.1.4002	 Offset: 003ec73f

I'm going to try a reinstall of my RTE - I'll let you know how it goes...

I'm going to try a reinstall of my RTE - I'll let you know how it goes...

...or not. Does anyone know where the RTE uninstaller is? It's not under Add/Remove Programs > National Instruments Software, and when I try to run the install it complains that there's already a newer version installed.

[cross-posted to LAVA]

...or not. Does anyone know where the RTE uninstaller is? It's not under Add/Remove Programs > National Instruments Software, and when I try to run the install it complains that there's already a newer version installed.

No worries - I used MSIBlast to uninstall the RTE, then did a fresh install and it all works great now :)

Archived