using EasyXML on MacOS

Travis

What will I have to do to get EasyXML working on the Mac? I don't see VIPM 1.1 for MacOS--will 1.0 do the job?

If so...

I tried installing VIPM 1.0 and I'm having trouble registering LabVIEW 8.5. I found that VI Server was not attached to any port in LabVIEW at first, but when I enabled it and rebooted things almost started working. In VIPM when I click the TCP/IP port Test button, it does successfully launch LabVIEW 8.5 (the only LV installed currently); however, I still get an error message in VIPM 1.0:

"VIPM could not connect to No LV Version Selected. Another LabVIEW Version is at the specified port or path. Please claose all LabVIEW verions and try again. Also verify that each register LabVIEW verion is assigned a unique TCP\IP access port."

I also tried a different port number with no luck.

Thanks,

Travis

Hi Travis,

VIPM 1.0 does not work with LabVIEW 8.5, which is what you're seeing. Support for VIPM 1.1 on Macs has been held up, due to some MacIntel complications, but we're working on it and hopefully it won't take too much longer. If you are in a real bind about how to get EasyXML working on Mac, there are options. Probably, the easiest is to copy the installed EasyXML and OpenG files from another version of LabVIEW (possibly on another computer) that VIPM is able to target, located here:

\user.lib\_OpenG.lib\*

\vi.lib\addons\_JKI Toolkits\*

Also, if you need the OpenG and JKI Toolkit palette categories, copy the mnu files located here:

\menus\Categories\OpenG.mnu

\menus\Categories\JKI Toolkits.mnu

We appologize for this inconvenience. Please let us know if you have further questions about getting EasyXML working on your Mac. We're committed to getting a temporary fix working for you, now, and getting VIPM 1.1 working, as soon as we can.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived