Something "New" happened today

Ed Dickens

I selected New... from the File menu, and instead of the normal LabVIEW 8 "New" template browser, I first got a small dialog reading, "You cannot use "NewDlg InitTree__buggy.vi" recursively.", then I got what looks like the template browser from 6.1, but with a LabVIEW 8 banner.

OldLV8NewDialog.gif

The "__buggy.vi" makes me think this was an OpenG fix for something in the normal LV8 template browser.

I started to dig around and found one of the subVIs of of the "lv_new.vi" (which is now broken) is "NewDlg InitTree.vi" (also broken) and "NewDlg InitTree__buggy.vi" is a subVI of that and it's trying to call itself making it broken.

NewDlgInitTree__buggy.gif

Does any of this make sense or sound familiar? I used the browser just the other day and didn't have any problems and I haven't changed any OpenG stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

This is caused by installing the "ogpatch_template_bugfix" package. This package does the following:

1. Renames NewDlg InitTree.vi as NewDlg InitTree__buggy.vi
  2. Installs a new version of NewDlg InitTree.vi which calls NewDlg InitTree__buggy.vi as a subVI.

If you are not able to fix this problem by uninstalling the "ogpatch_template_bugfix" package, you can restore the original file, which is included in the attached zip file:

NewDlg_InitTree_LV80.zip

\resource\plugins\templatebrowser.llb\NewDlg InitTree.vi

Thanks Jim,

I uninstalled the package but it still didn't work. The NewDlg InitTree.vi was still calling the NewDlg InitTree__buggy.vi so I had to download your attached VI.

All is now fine.

Ed

I'm glad it's working for you. It seems that there was some kind of glitch during the installation of that package.

Archived