Error 1

Jason D.

EasyXML threw an Error 1:

Easy Parse XML

Input data is a null (empty) variant. You must wire valid data into the variant data input of the EasyXML VIs.

That's all well and good, but my data structure is huge, and the XML input string was created by a few previous calls to EasyXML with a very similar data structure. If EasyXML could add run-time information with the label of the offending control, then I could get this debugged a lot faster.

In the meantime, do you have any other advice? (I can't post the code here, sorry).

Hi Jason,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble -- FYI, in a future version, we're planning to improve the error messages to provide better info about which data elements are causing the issues.

Regarding your example, it seems to work OK for me. Please, see the screenshot, below:

Test_Image.png

Also, which versions of the LabVIEW and OpenG/JKI packages are you using? Here's what I'm testing with:

LabVIEW 8.5.1

ogrsc_dynamicpalette-0.16-1

oglib_string-2.6-1

oglib_lvdata-2.8-1

oglib_error-2.3-2

oglib_array-2.7-1

nirsc_html_help_common-2.0-1

jki_rsc_toolkits_palette-1.1-1

jki_lib_easyxml-1.0-2

Thanks,

-Jim

PS - I deleted and replaced your attachment, since it had some default XML string data that didn't match your example data structure.

Hi Jim:

I'm glad to see it is working for you. I just get Error 1 and an empty array.

I will check all of my packages later., but I haven't updated in a few weeks.

I have put in my own fixes for this OpenG issue, so I will look closely at that, and maybe try with a clean version of OpenG.

[Thanks for removing my default data from your site!]

Jason

Also, which versions of the LabVIEW and OpenG/JKI packages are you using? Here's what I'm testing with:

LabVIEW 8.5.1

ogrsc_dynamicpalette-0.16-1

oglib_string-2.6-1

oglib_lvdata-2.8-1

oglib_error-2.3-2

oglib_array-2.7-1

nirsc_html_help_common-2.0-1

jki_rsc_toolkits_palette-1.1-1

jki_lib_easyxml-1.0-2

Thanks,

-Jim

PS - I deleted and replaced your attachment, since it had some default XML string data that didn't match your example data structure.

Here are the differences.

I am using LV 8.5

ogrsc_dynamicpalette-0.17-1

jki_lib_easyxml-1.0-1

VIPM says I am up to date, so I don't know how to get the newer version of EasyXML you have.

I have not yet backed out my OpenG fixes, but I will try that just to be sure.

Archived