Problem with timestamp in cluster array

Stian

Hi,

Thanks for accepting me as a new member of the forum!

I have very limited experience with LabVIEW and have only played with an eval copy of EasyXML for a couple of days so apologies if I am missing out on something essential:

The easiest way to verify my problem with timestamps in cluster arrays is to modify the "Write and Read XML File.vi" example by inserting a standard timestamp control into the Song cluster which defines the element type of the Song array in the "Playlist to write" cluster - and modifying the "Playlist read" cluster accordingly with a matching timestamp indicator.

The writing to file operation completes successfully with the timestamp correctly written to the file, but the subsequent read fails with an "Error 1" message ("Unexpected Datatype <Waveform>..."). If the timestamp control/indicator pair is moved out of the cluster array element and placed alongside (as a sibling to) the #attributes cluster and the Name string, both write and read operations complete successfully.

Thanks,

- Stian

Hello Stian,

Thank you very much for testing EasyXML, and welcome to the discussion forums :)

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to tell us about the issue you found and for providing a detailed description about how to reproduce the problem. I was able to reproduce it on my system and I have created a tracking number and known issue, here:

If you decide to purchase EasyXML, we can provide you with early access to an version of the software with a fix for this problem.

Thanks again, and please let us now if you have any more issues or suggestions.

-Jim

Thanks Jim,

I have just purchased a license and would greatly appreciate access to a fix to the problem as you mentioned - whenever ready :).

PS. I like the approach you have taken with EasyXML, and hope future versions will - in case of parsing problems - provide a better indication of where/at which cluster element a problem occurs :) .

- Stian

Thanks Jim,

I have just purchased a license and would greatly appreciate access to a fix to the problem as you mentioned - whenever ready :) .

PS. I like the approach you have taken with EasyXML, and hope future versions will - in case of parsing problems - provide a better indication of where/at which cluster element a problem occurs :) .

- Stian

Hi Stian,

That's great! I'm happy to hear that you are a customer :) I'll keep you in the loop about the fix for this issue.

And, that's an excellent suggestion about more descriptive error messages. We certainly have that on our road map.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived