Problem "seeing" Easy-XML

Bob Schor

I think I've installed Easy-XML, but can't find it when I run LabVIEW. I'm running LabVIEW 8.5. I just installed the latest version (1.1.1) of VI Package Manager, and used it to install the paid version of Easy-XML. I restart LabVIEW (and, just to be sure, I also rebooted my XP SP2 PC), open a blank VI, and go looking for the JKI Toolkits, as shown on the FAQ. No such thing exists anywhere that I can find. If I try to re-install Easy-XML, VIPM tells me it is already installed. This is pretty frustrating ...

I think I've installed Easy-XML, but can't find it when I run LabVIEW.

Do you have more than one version of LabVIEW installed? If so, make sure that the version that the VIPM was registered to when you installed the Easy-XML package is the one you're using to look for it on the palette.

Hi Bob,

crelf's suggestion is a good one. Make sure that you've installed it on the same version of LabVIEW that you're trying to find it in the palettes.

If that doesn't solve the problem, the most likely reason that you can't see EasyXML in the functions palette is that the jki_rsc_toolkits_palette package needs to be installed, which is one of the dependencies of the EasyXML package. Here's how you can make sure it's installed.

1. Run VIPM
  2. Check the network for packages (by selecting Tools>>Check the Network for Available Packages from the menu).
  3. Find jki_rsc_toolkits_palette in the package list and install it (right click and choose install)
  4. Restart LabVIEW

Also, make sure that all the required OpenG libraries are installed, as mentioned, in the system requirements.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

-Jim

Hi Bob,

crelf's suggestion is a good one. Make sure that you've installed it on the same version of LabVIEW that you're trying to find it in the palettes.

If that doesn't solve the problem, the most likely reason that you can't see EasyXML in the functions palette is that the jki_rsc_toolkits_palette package needs to be installed, which is one of the dependencies of the EasyXML package. Here's how you can make sure it's installed.

1. Run VIPM
  2. Check the network for packages (by selecting Tools>>Check the Network for Available Packages from the menu).
  3. Find jki_rsc_toolkits_palette in the package list and install it (right click and choose install)
  4. Restart LabVIEW

Also, make sure that all the required OpenG libraries are installed, as mentioned, in the system requirements.

Please let us know if that works for you.

Thanks,

-Jim

Jim,

That was it! I didn't have the jki_rsc_toolkit! I'd downloaded Easy_XML, downloaded the latest version of VIPM, then simply loaded Easy_XML without "seeing if there was anything else useful" out there! Live and learn. Incidently, I knew it wasn't a LabVIEW "version" problem since I tried it on my "pure" 8.5 system (I have enough problems with my other machine with more than one version ...).

BS

Jim,

That was it! I didn't have the jki_rsc_toolkit! I'd downloaded Easy_XML, downloaded the latest version of VIPM, then simply loaded Easy_XML without "seeing if there was anything else useful" out there! Live and learn. Incidently, I knew it wasn't a LabVIEW "version" problem since I tried it on my "pure" 8.5 system (I have enough problems with my other machine with more than one version ...).

BS

Hi Bob,

That's great news! I'm glad you got it working.

Yes, there is a lot of other very useful stuff that comes along for the ride with VIPM -- check out the OpenG functions palette for lots of great VIs. You can learn more about OpenG software, here.

Thanks,

-Jim

Jim,

BS

Bob,

I've added this to our FAQ, here, so that your efforts can help others who might experience this issue:

Thanks again for your patience in getting EasyXML installed. We're looking at ways to improve VIPM to avoid this problem, in the future.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived