Where are Examples and Help files?

Bob Schor

Just installed Easy-XML and got it to "appear" after I also downloaded the JKI Toolkits addon (who knew?). I know there are Examples somewhere, and I'm sure there is also Detailed Help, but where? For example, in a blank VI, I plunked down Easy Generate XML and looked at Detailed Help, assuming it would show me the Inputs, Outputs, and point to the Examples where I could experiment and see how this worked. But nothing happens which I click Detailed Help (except the Question Mark changes color for about a second). Am I missing something? [i also asked LabVIEW to search its help file, looking for XML, but didn't find EasyXML).

Bob Schor

Just installed Easy-XML and got it to "appear" after I also downloaded the JKI Toolkits addon (who knew?). I know there are Examples somewhere, and I'm sure there is also Detailed Help, but where? For example, in a blank VI, I plunked down Easy Generate XML and looked at Detailed Help, assuming it would show me the Inputs, Outputs, and point to the Examples where I could experiment and see how this worked. But nothing happens which I click Detailed Help (except the Question Mark changes color for about a second). Am I missing something? [i also asked LabVIEW to search its help file, looking for XML, but didn't find EasyXML).

Bob Schor

Hi Bob,

The reason that nothing happens which you click the Detailed Help button is that there is a LabVIEW bug that affects about 1 in 20 people, where HTML documentation doesn't launch from the Context Help window. I'm not sure why this is happening.

You can find the documentation, here:

\help\JKI\EasyXML\JKI_EasyXML.htm

We also have some documentation on our website, here.

Chris pointed you to a great page about how to use the Example Finder to "browse" for examples. You'll find that all the EasyXML examples are located under JKI>>EasyXML, if you browse -- this is the \examples\JKI\EasyXML folder, beneath LabVIEW.

You might also want to check out the EasyXML>>Tips and Tricks discussion forum. In particular, the Generating and Parsing Scalar XML Elements with Attributes post contains some great examples of how to use EasyXML.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived