Error installing jki_lib_easyxml-1.0-2

Stian

Hi,

I followed the instruction to simply execute/doubleclick the ogp package file to install the current commercial license. This launched VIPM, which subsequently failed to install the upgrade.

The error message indicates that there is a problem uninstalling the free version I already have installed. A manual attempt at uninstalling the free version returns the same error. Same thing if I try "Upgrade..." or "Install Other > jki_lib_easyxml-1.0-2" from the popup menu in VIPM.

How can I manually get rid of the free version (if that will indeed solve the problem and allow direct installation of the upgrade...)?

Thanks,

- Stian

post-2449-1210618229_thumb.png

Hi Stian,

I see that you are running Windows Vista (from the cool aeroglass windows) :)

While Vista is not officially supported yet by VIPM (due to some issues like the one you're seeing), the following work-around should resolve the issue:

1) close VIPM

2) run VIPM as administrator (right-click on VIPM and choose the run as administrator option)

3) doubleclick the ogp package file of the paid version of EasyXML and install it

Hopefully that works for you. Please let me know how it goes.

Thanks,

-Jim

Thanks Jim - that was as smooth as tail winds through Oslofjord :).

(Bugs me that I didn't think of it myself after 6 months turbulent partnership with Vista. It's kinda symptomatic when you enter new software grounds (LabVIEW in my case) - you leave all the thinking to others :)!)

- Stian

Thanks Jim - that was as smooth as tail winds through Oslofjord :) .

(Bugs me that I didn't think of it myself after 6 months turbulent partnership with Vista. It's kinda symptomatic when you enter new software grounds (LabVIEW in my case) - you leave all the thinking to others :) !)

- Stian

Hi Stian,

I'm glad that worked for you.

Vista is a new beast to all of us. I'll add this issue/solution to our Vista FAQ, so it can possibly help others trying to do the same thing.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived