back to Mac?

Travis

Does VIPM 2.0 get back to supporting Mac?

Hi Travis,

We are certainly aware that resumed support for VIPM on the Mac is an important issue to you, other JKI customers, and LabVIEW users, in general. We can't promise anything right now, but can assure you that Mac support is on our roadmap and is something that is very important to us. What I can say is that the more VIPM Professional and EasyXML customers who voice a need for resumed Mac support, the sooner it will come -- we're working very hard to appropriately allocate our development resources and deliver on our our promises.

Thank you for voicing your support for VIPM on the Mac. If you'd like to help us test VIPM on the mac (once it's ready) please let us know. You can start by signing up for the VIPM 2.0 alpha.

Regards,

-Jim

• 2 weeks later...
Does VIPM 2.0 get back to supporting Mac?

Travis,

As part of our commitment to eating our own dogfood, one of JKI's developers has decided to make the switch to Mac to give our team an extra incentive to get VIPM up and running again on the Mac. His new 17" MacBook Pro should arrive sometime this week. We can't make guarantees on when the work will be done, but we're committed to working on it.

Regards,

-Jim

Travis,

As part of our commitment to eating our own dogfood, one of JKI's developers has decided to make the switch to Mac to give our team an extra incentive to get VIPM up and running again on the Mac. His new 17" MacBook Pro should arrive sometime this week. We can't make guarantees on when the work will be done, but we're committed to working on it.

Regards,

-Jim

That's great to hear !! :)

I've been very busy over the last weeks and although I'm in the alpha program I haven't had time even to install VIPM 2.0 alpha B)

Hopefully it will calm down soon, but having a Mac version to test will give me twice as much motivation as I spend 50% of my LabVIEW time on my macbook pro :)

Awesome job JKI !

That's great to hear !! :)

I've been very busy over the last weeks and although I'm in the alpha program I haven't had time even to install VIPM 2.0 alpha B)

Hopefully it will calm down soon, but having a Mac version to test will give me twice as much motivation as I spend 50% of my LabVIEW time on my macbook pro :)

Awesome job JKI !

> I've been very busy over the last weeks and although I'm in the alpha program I haven't had time even to install VIPM 2.0 alpha :(

We hope you can find the time to take the alpha software for a test. We always appreciate your feedback.

And, think how much time you'll save once you can use VIPM 2.0 for more effective LabVIEW software reuse!

> Awesome job JKI !

Thanks! And, thanks for your support.

-Jim

Archived