Customizable keyboard shortcut

Hi,

The ability to customize keyboard short cut came along with LV 8 (8.0 if I remember well) ; that was a great new feature, not really for Windows IMO but more for MacOS users, the hot key correspondence between different OSs often bugs me so I was really happy to be able to customize LabVIEW the short cuts!

The same in VIPM (both for MacOS and Windows) would be cool. Not a must have, but a really nice to have to make day to day use smoother and faster :wub:

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

The ability to customize keyboard short cut came along with LV 8 (8.0 if I remember well) ; that was a great new feature, not really for Windows IMO but more for MacOS users, the hot key correspondence between different OSs often bugs me so I was really happy to be able to customize LabVIEW the short cuts!

The same in VIPM (both for MacOS and Windows) would be cool. Not a must have, but a really nice to have to make day to day use smoother and faster :wub:

That's an interesting idea -- what sort of customizations/changes would you make?

That's an interesting idea -- what sort of customizations/changes would you make?

On my mac (with a QWERTZ keyboard) I use the "alt" key in LabVIEW as an equivalent for the "ctrl" key in windows.

In LabVIEW I have some "fancy" changes regardless of the OS :

ctrl + shift + S >> "save as"

crtl + t >> "Find and replace"

ctrl + f >> "close active window"

etc..

To feel more at ease in VIPM I would set this :

ctrl + y >> upgrade installed packages (instead of ctrl + u)

ctrl + f >> check the network for available packages

ctrl + , >> Options (default for every app on MacOS X)

These are the 3 changes I'd make straight away.

:)

Archived