Revert or Repair

TonP

It would be nice if we could re-install a specific package.

I had some crosslinking between 8.6 and 8.5 (my fault) so I wanted to revert a package.

This couldn't be done, so I had to install an older version of the package and sequentially install the newest version.

Ton

It would be nice if we could re-install a specific package.

I had some crosslinking between 8.6 and 8.5 (my fault) so I wanted to revert a package.

This couldn't be done, so I had to install an older version of the package and sequentially install the newest version.

Ton

Hi Ton,

That's a great idea -- we've noticed that we need that feature, too. It's on our roadmap.

Thanks,

-Jim

I agree and this is on our to do list. As of now you can just uninstall and re-install the same package (you don't have to do a downgrade).

Philippe

Well it was the OpenG array package, with tens of dependencies. I haven't tried to disable the dependencies, just downgrading and upgrading was OK.

Ton

Well it was the OpenG array package, with tens of dependencies. I haven't tried to disable the dependencies, just downgrading and upgrading was OK.

Ton

Ya, it is a bit of a pain to uninstall a package that has dependencies, just to then re-install (repair) it. It takes a moment for VIPM to resolve the dependencies and then you have to unselect the dependencies in the action confirmation dialog.

1.png

Archived