Missing VI

Xrockyman

Dear JKI users,

I have installed the xml package without any problems. All the vi works except "Easy write XML File". When I drop this function, Labview allways asks for other vi. The missing vi has this name: "String__ogtk.vi", but this not only the only file, there are several vi's whith a similar name missing.

Thanks in advance,

Xrockyman.

help_xml.bmp

Hi,

You need to do two things:

1) Update Your Package List (this will ensure that VIPM can find/download the missing dependencies)

From VIPM's toolbar, press the Check the Network for Available Packages button (shown below). VIPM will connect to the Internet and obtain an updated list of all the available packages.

check_network.png

After VIPM completes this operation, you may see a dialog stating that there were new packages found and asking you if you want to install them. Press the no/cancel button and proceed to the next step.

2) Install the required dependencies

• OpenG String Library (oglib_string) 2.6 or greater
  • OpenG LabVIEW Data Tools Library (oglib_lvdata) 2.8 or greater
  • OpenG File Library (oglib_file) 2.8 or greater
  • OpenG Error Handling Library (oglib_error) 2.3 or greater
  • OpenG Array Library (oglib_array) 2.7 or greater
  • OpenG Application Control Library (oglib_appcontrol) 2.9 or greater

Please, let us know if this helps you get EasyXML working.

Thanks,

-Jim

PS - The steps above were assembled from the installation instructions available, here.

Thanks a lot !

It was the dependences there were missing, now everything works as I want. I never thought it would be so easy to manipulate XML with Labview.

Regards.

Thanks for the update. I'm happy to hear that it's working for you (and that you're finding it to be easy to use)!

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived