Apply Package Configuration in Community Edition?

hfettig

Hi,

I was just wondering if it was possible to apply a package configuration file (which might contain packages), which was created with the professional version, using the community edition. I sent a configuration file to a customer and he reported back that he got a message that this functionality was only available in the professional edition.

Cheers,

Heiko

Hi,

I was just wondering if it was possible to apply a package configuration file (which might contain packages), which was created with the professional version, using the community edition. I sent a configuration file to a customer and he reported back that he got a message that this functionality was only available in the professional edition.

Cheers,

Heiko

Heiko,

Yes, you can apply a package configuration with Community Edition. There are two ways to do this:

• In Windows File Explorer, right click on the VI Package Configuration file and choose Apply.
  • Select File>>Apply a VI Package Configuration from VIPM's menu.

Ideally, a Community Edition user would just double-click on a VI Package Configuration in Windows File Explorer to Apply it. This feature is scheduled for a future release.

Thanks,

-Jim

• 1 month later...

Archived