HChandler

readXML XML File path (duplicate)

When you do not provide a XML file path to readXML, it pops up a file dialog. This is nice.

It does not write the path of the file you have read from into the XML File path (duplicate) variable.

It would be nice if it did.

Thanks

Edited by HChandler

When you do not provide a XML file path to readXML, it pops up a file dialog. This is nice.

It does not write the path of the file you have read from into the XML File path (duplicate) variable.

It would be nice if it did.

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. This is an interesting feature request. I think there is one problem though, not everyone wants to write the data to the same file that they read from (I might read from source file "A" and write to target file "B") -- which means this feature might create a bug for those users.

The way that I see it, there are two possibilities:

1) Don't pop open a dialog if the input path is empty. Keep the current behavior where the output "XML File Path (duplicate)" always equals the input "XML File Path".

2) Do pop open a dialog if the input path is empty. Change the input and output paths to "XML File Path (dialog if empty)" and "New XML File Path (Not A Path if canceled)".

Option #2 seems like the easier solution for users. And, it doesn't really change the current behavior when an input path is empty. Plus, it is consistent with NI's high-level file utilities like "Read From Spreadsheet File" and "Write To Spreadsheet File".

We'll discuss this more with the EasyXML development team.