Polymorphic VIs in Function Palette

Hi guys,

I have recently upgraded to Professional version and began to test packaging some reuse librairies I have. One thing that took me a lot of time was getting rid of all the polymorphic VI's from the function palette. I generally don't want to see a list of Get_###(U32).vi in there.

It would be great to have an option that excludes them, but still keep the generic VI. (ex: Get_###(Polymorphic).vi)

François.

Hi guys,

I have recently upgraded to Professional version and began to test packaging some reuse librairies I have. One thing that took me a lot of time was getting rid of all the polymorphic VI's from the function palette. I generally don't want to see a list of Get_###(U32).vi in there.

It would be great to have an option that excludes them, but still keep the generic VI. (ex: Get_###(Polymorphic).vi)

François.

Hi François,

First, thanks for upgrading to Professional!

That's a great suggestion and I'll pass it along to the VIPM developer team. In the meantime you might try the following:

Keep all your polymorphic instances in a subfolder that is prefixed with an underscore (VIPM's auto-generated palettes will ignore all folders and VIs that whose name begins with an underscore). For example:

\Filter 1D Array.vi

\_Filter 1D Array\Filter 1D Array (DBL).vi

\_Filter 1D Array\Filter 1D Array (String).vi

\_Filter 1D Array\Filter 1D Array (Boolean).vi

Would this work-around fit your development practices?

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived