DOM and maintainability

SPM

Hi, all,

I have an application where I need to get a fairly tiny amount of data out of an XML file whose schema I don't control. Almost any change to the schema would break such an application.

Can EasyXML parse XML files without any specific type input and generate something like a DOM (maybe by creating LVOOP objects)? I've seen examples for doing this in MSXML on the NI LabVIEW forum, but they look really inelegant.

Thanks,

- Steve.

Hi, all,

I have an application where I need to get a fairly tiny amount of data out of an XML file whose schema I don't control. Almost any change to the schema would break such an application.

Can EasyXML parse XML files without any specific type input and generate something like a DOM (maybe by creating LVOOP objects)? I've seen examples for doing this in MSXML on the NI LabVIEW forum, but they look really inelegant.

Thanks,

- Steve.

Hi Steve,

Sorry for the delay in response -- I just got back from the Boston NI Technical Symposium :)

No, EasyXML doesn't handle parsing XML without an input data type. Can you post an example of your XML and how the schema change would break EasyXML? I'd love to brainstorm on how EasyXML could handle this situation.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived