Bug Keeping Track of TCIP Ports

hooovahh

I found a pretty minor bug in VIPM but for completeness thought I'd post it. On a system I have 5 different versions of LabVIEW installed. 7.1, 8.0, 8.2, 8.5, and 8.6. I had 8.0, 8.2, 8.5, and 8.6 configured and working with VIPM using different port numbers for each version. Then I installed 7.1 in Windows, but didn't configure it in VIPM yet. When I went to edit the ports on 8.5 I noticed the port numbers didn't match up.

VIPMIssue4.jpg

In the screen shot I double clicked the 8.0 version to see what the port number for it was, you can see that the one defined in the back window is not the same as the one in the front window. This creates problems when you are trying to build a package, and it tries to launch the wrong version of LabVIEW to build it.

You can see that 8.2 is setup for port 3363, but when you double click on it it states that it should use port 3365, and 8.5 should be 3365 but it is 3366, and 8.6 should be 3366 but it is 3363.

The second that I configure 7.1 for VIPM all the port number fix them selves and work properly. So the easy fix is to configure VIPM for all versions of LabVIEW you have installed, which every one should do anyway. ;)

Hi Brian,

This was bug was discovered recently and is in the list of known issues, here:

Another easy work-around is to un-check and then rercheck the LabVIEW version checkbox (which will then open the port settings dialog). But, you're right -- you should always have all versions enabled ;)

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived