Install on Vista

Jed Davidow

I just installed VIPM, on Vista.

I got this error...

2009-01-16_1006.png

So I went to that folder and directly ran the installer.exe.

This brings up the UAC prompt for security, which did not come up when directly running from the VIPM download.

Note: I am using a replacement UAC interface from Norton that is a little better than the MS one- so I don't know if it would have worked without the upgrade.

If I remember correctly during the beta, I needed to run as Admin all the time. That's fine, but you might want to make a note of that directly on the installer window, or check for windows version and pop it up.

I just installed VIPM, on Vista.

I got this error...

2009-01-16_1006.png

So I went to that folder and directly ran the installer.exe.

This brings up the UAC prompt for security, which did not come up when directly running from the VIPM download.

Note: I am using a replacement UAC interface from Norton that is a little better than the MS one- so I don't know if it would have worked without the upgrade.

If I remember correctly during the beta, I needed to run as Admin all the time. That's fine, but you might want to make a note of that directly on the installer window, or check for windows version and pop it up.

Hi Jed,

Sorry for the trouble.

BTW, we've got some info in our FAQ about this:

We haven't added any special features for Vista, yet, as it's still not officially supported. But, it's on our roadmap.

Thanks,

-Jim

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've installed and run VIPM on 64 bit Vista as well, I use the "Run as administrator" option on both the installer and the VIPM...that solves the issue.

Mads

PS. Is it not about time to support Vista though? The changes needed are not that big...

I've installed and run VIPM on 64 bit Vista as well, I use the "Run as administrator" option on both the installer and the VIPM...that solves the issue.

Mads

PS. Is it not about time to support Vista though? The changes needed are not that big...

Hi Mads,

It's on our radar and we're working on it.

Thanks,

-Jim

Archived