VIPM on Mac and multiple RTE installations

Hi,

Thanks for the VIPM 2.0.3 update with Mac support. I thought I'd add this in case other people ran into same problem.

I have LV 8.2 and 8.5.1 running on an Intel iMac with OS 10.4.11, and several versions of the RTE from 7 through 8.5. Last month when I tried to install VIPM 1.0 I just couldn't get past the "Test Port" dialog. When I tried to install VIPM 2.0.3 last week it seemed to go smoothly, but still couldn't see any of my LV versions. So I downloaded (I didn't keep the .dmg's) the install images for each version of RTE that I had, and ran each uninstaller separately. I then re-started the OS and installed RTE 8.2.1. After that VIPM worked fine. The NI web site claims that running multiple versions of RTE doesn't upset any of their software. I suspect it will probably be OK now that I've finished the installation.

HTH,

Francis Tanzella

Hi Francis,

Thanks for sharing your installation experience with us -- hopefully it will help anyone else who encounters something similar. I'm happy to hear that you're up and running, now.

Yes, sometimes there are tricky installer/OS issues that require installing LabVIEW and/or the RTE from oldest to newest. Sometimes older versions can "step on the toes" of newer versions.

We look forward to hearing more about your successes (and any issues you might have) in using VIPM.

Thank you,

-Jim

Archived